Two weeks ago, I raised the subject of Web Services for Christian web sites, which was followed by the following post:
- Lectionary Readings to your Webpage
- Christian Web Services Part Deux
- StudyShare’s Verse of the Day, now XML Flavored!
As Gary states in an annoucement he posted on blogs4God.com
Thanks to the Lockman Foundation, who publishes the New American Standard Bible, I’m sending out a daily email message with four to five chapters of Scripture on a plan that will walk you through reading the entire Bible in a year. The Book-at-a-Time Reading Plan from Discipleship Journal is our guide for 2003.
What I particularly like about this service is that he offers the daily Scripture reading in one of three delicious formats.
- Via email from the daily mailing list.
- Via your web browser Daily Bible Study page.
- Via XML format (RSS 2.0) for your news feed and/or aggregator.
About my only two complaints are that the <description> tags include some HTML that is formatted in upper case, and in particular that it uses <BR> instead of <br /> for a line break. Perhaps a sweep with Tidy might help?
Still, these are little things, and overall I think this is a very useful tool for those of you with church and charity web sites. Or as Strong Bad would say — “Now THAT’s what I’m talking about !”